- What are Maude’s Awards for Innovation?
- Who can apply?
- Can I apply in more than one category?
- Does the program have to be completed before I apply?
- What is the deadline to submit applications and how and when will I find out if I won?
- When and how are the decisions announced?
- If I win, are there any restrictions on how I spend the award money? Are there any requirements of winners?
- Whom do I contact with any questions about Maude’s Awards for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care?
1. What are Maude’s Awards for Innovation?
First, these are awards for achievement as opposed to grants for future programs. They are monetary awards in recognition of programs and projects of excellence that are enriching the quality of life for persons living with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias and that of their caregivers. The awards were established in 2019 by Richard Ferry in honor of his beloved wife Maude, who was diagnosed with dementia in 2015. Now as a loving caregiver and tireless advocate, he continues their journey together by celebrating, encouraging, and sharing innovations that speak to the challenges and needs of persons living with dementia and their care partners for generations to follow.
2. Who can apply?
A. Organizations – both nonprofit and for-profit organizations developing innovative programs of care for persons living with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias and their care partners, including but not limited to:
- Public agencies
- Medical providers
- Senior Living Communities
- An individual, including care partners, who have created meaningful opportunities to improve the lives of persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and their care partners.
Note: The term care partner includes family members, friends, domestic partners, and neighbors who may be paid or unpaid.
3. Can I apply in more than one category?
No, you must select only one category. In the online application you will be asked to select one of the four categories. Should the review panel think that your program might be better suited to one of the others, we will contact you to ask for your permission. Applications must be made online using the application at Maude’s Awards for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care Awards Page. If you are a care partner and do not have internet access, please contact Marilyn at 206-931-9939 to receive a paper application.
4. Does the program or project have to be completed before I apply?
The intent of Maude’s Awards is to reward programs that have demonstrated success. The nominated program must have been active in 2019 or the year prior. If the program is currently active or recurring, it must have completed one year of operation or enough time to demonstrate a degree of success.
5. What is the deadline to submit applications and how and when will I find out if I won?
Applications are currently closed. The deadline for 2020 was May 31, 2020. The 2020 Award winners will be announced in September.
6. When and how are the decisions announced?
Winners will be notified in August of the application year, followed by the Maude’s Awards for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care Reception at the Dementia Friendly Summit [details TBD]. You will be contacted before the official announcement is made, so please ensure that your contact information is current. If it has changed since the application was made, please contact email@example.com.
7. If I win, are there any restrictions on how I spend the award money? Are there any requirements of winners?
First, please remember that this is an award, not a grant. You do not need to spend the money on a project/program, but we do want to learn how the Award has helped to advance the mission of your organization or your life as a care partner. We will ask that you or a representative attend the Maude’s Awards for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care Reception at the Dementia Friendly Summit in September of 2020 and be available to participate in Maude’s Conference in the summer of 2021.
8. Whom do I contact with any questions about Maude’s Awards for Innovation in Alzheimer’s Care?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. We will be happy to help.